Monday, September 9, 2013

Mystery solved!

I've realized that not much that I have posted has been about work, but I am honestly okay with that.  Today is no different, because I reconnected with the mystery family from last Sunday!  
This is Victoria.  Seriously, once I pulled out the camera
she started making faces, and I had to follow suit!
They are the Palomaki family, and it's Michael, Aurelie, Victoria, and Arthur.  I left a note with their Polish neighbors last week after I realized that I had no way of getting in touch with them, and they got it yesterday!  I met Michael for lunch, since he works like two minutes away, and then I went over for dinner.  I LOVED it. We just talked the whole time about all sorts of stuff, and it was extremely fun.  We had some delicious food, and I am so grateful to have people here in the city who I really can call my friends.  We are already planning on going and getting a typical Brussels food this weekend: Mussels and French fries!  Who would have guessed, right?  But there is even a mussels season!  I think one of the main reasons why I like them so much is because of the fact that they are raising their kids so well in the gospel, and for the awesome example that they are being to me in how a young family should act when they are completely focused on the gospel the way that they are.  It's a beautiful feeling to be in their house and recognize that commitment.  Here's to friends!

3 comments:

  1. Ethan Kennedy I miss you so much! Also, got your SAVE THE DATE yesterday and it's on my fridge now! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I miss you too Caitlin! I'm free this weekend so we should skype. Also, I'm glad you got it!

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete